Friday, August 30, 2019






What a week!  I work at a University, and students arriving for the new Fall term have made the days fly by.  Top it off with a bit of a cold virus, and I am happy to see my weekend on the horizon.

For certain, my personal "battery" has been running very low. And when I am not feeling great, sometimes I find it really hard to do the self-care that I KNOW will make me feel better. Mostly,
creating things.

I had started a fun little crochet project of making some amigurumi coffee cups from the book Whimsical Stitches by Paige Tate.  I wanted to make some for my granddaughter, and normally a project this size would be done in a few days.  But they have sat on my table for this past week, waiting for the final finishing.

It seemed that each time I would think about picking up my needle and yarn, the task seemed SO DAUNTING.  One night, I got as far as moving my project basket to the table beside my chair, before I fell asleep on the couch.  During the day at work, I would look forward to the evening when I could spend time with my project, but by the time I got there, I had no energy left.  I was DRAINED. The next day, I would repeat the process. I was grumpy, and stressed.

Last night I told myself that I would work on the project for only fifteen minutes, and at that point if I was tired, I would go to bed. I wouldn't beat myself up about it. All I needed to do was start. I picked up my project, and to my delight, finished all three cups!

I still went to bed at a decent hour, without any couch snoozing! And when I laid my head on the pillow, I had a feeling of accomplishment that put a sleepy smile on my face. I woke up this morning with the notion that my personal battery had a little more charge in it, not to mention I had three smiley little cups to greet me in the morning!

I can't wait to show my granddaughter her new treasures!
How do you recharge your batteries? I would love to hear in the comments below!

No comments: