Tuesday, August 20, 2019

This past weekend, I had the opportunity to take part in a local vendor's market at the Norwood Branch of the Royal Canadian Legion, here in Edmonton. The market is organized by The Vendor Connection, a  local group that brings together crafters and vendors for these monthly markets. This is the second market that I have participated in.

I display as Nicolette Anderson's Handmade Greeting Cards, and feature all the cards that I make. I have so much fun at these markets! I get to show my work, and to sell a few cards. I love talking to different people, and getting their impressions of what I d0.

At the market last month, a lady came by my table, and bought a few of my Elvis cards. She was from Alabama, and she told me that she had met Elvis Presley in the fifties, when she was ten years old! Apparently her uncle was a barber, and he had the opportunity to give Elvis a haircut. He called his sister, and told her to bring her daughter's down to the barbershop so that they could meet him. Of course, she told me that she remembered Elvis was very sweet and kind to them. What a memory to have!

I also love getting to meet the other vendors.  When you spend two days sitting next to someone, you are bound to make a new friend!  Different people, with different backgrounds, share with and support the business endeavours of one another, whether those endeavours are big or small.  I always go home finding myself inspired in new ways, and I leave wanting to be even more creative. I think that there lies the secret:  in addition to some sales, the market stirs up a special type of inspiration and sense of community that the cannot be measured.

Our next market is September 28 and 29th. I am looking forward to it already. If you are in the neighbourhood, I hope you will stop by and say hello!

























No comments: