Thursday, February 27, 2020

Who are you?



I have worked in my job for 13 years. I am an Executive Assistant in a Student Services Office at a University, and I love what I do. I enjoy working with the students, and I take pride in the fact that I help my supervisors  in their productivity, and making their work days easier.

But I think of this as my job. It is not who I am, it is what I do. Some people say that this is the difference between your job, and your work. I feel very fortunate that my day job is something that I enjoy, and that I love the people who I work with. We are a great team!  I also consider many people that I spend my days with to be my dearest friends and a big part of my support system.  This is wonderful, because like many people, the reality is that I often spend more time in the office, than I do at home with my family.

I am a creative sort, and a creative is WHO I AM. I like to call myself an artist, although I still struggle with that term, and whether I am worthy of that title. When I was a child, and asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, I said, “an artist”. I like to think that even though these this title does not apply to my daily job, it is my life’s work.  Creating is what lights me up, and what fills my cup when I am empty.


My office is a nice space. It is located in a relatively new building on campus, with all the modern amenities, and lots of windows and open space. Lots of glass and metal. It is beautiful, really. And wonderful place to do what I do! Scheduling appointments, making phone calls, preparing files, sending letters, booking and attending meetings, and drinking coffee. Lots of coffee!

I realized quite early on in my wellness journey that I needed to have some things around my office that remind me who I was, and what gave me joy.  And our office culture is such that we are encouraged to make our spaces our own, and personalize however we like (within reason, of
course).

One of the main things in my office that I love, is a wall frame that I was able to purchase from Creative memories many years ago. It is magnetic, and I can change it whenever I want.  I have so much fun with it!




I change it with the seasons, and with the holidays.  I have also been having fun making some little garlands with my crochet hook. So cute! I have a list of ideas in my planner, snowflakes, hearts, summer fruits, the possibilities are endless.


It is a great chance to pull out some of my art pieces, and give them some time in the spotlight. And they make me happy. They remind me of the creative person that I am, and when someone first comes to my office, they will see that I am at heart, an ARTIST.


3 comments:

Crystald said...

You leave me speechless. You are so eloquent....So insightful...such a wonderful friend.

Ciel said...

"Great article! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Check us out at Tropika Club Magazine

Tropika Club Magazine is your leading online magazine for the discerning male and female Singaporean. We cover various topics of interest, ranging from beauty and vogue for her, and grooming and style for him, as well as city and destinations and top picks.

To learn about Tropika Club's Search Directory for Beauty and Wellness Services, please click on this link

Check out a sample of Tropika Club Magazine’s articles:

1. What's Most Effective for Wrinkles Under the Eyes?

2.How to care for your hair between Salon Visits

3. Your Top 10 Body Slimming Salon in Downtown Singapore [2020 Edition]

4. Top 10 Tips for a Better Shave [for ladies]

5. The Best and Cheapest Hair Removal Salons in Singapore [2020 Edition] "

Jacky said...

"
A shout out from the Tropika Club Magazine.

Tropika Club Magazine is your leading online magazine for the discerning male and female Singaporean. We cover various topics of interest, ranging from beauty and vogue for her, and grooming and style for him, as well as city and destinations and top picks. To learn about Tropika Club's Search Directory for Beauty and Wellness Services, please click on this link

Check out some of our articles below as our contribution to your blog roll:

1.Top 10 Spa And Massage Services In Downtown Singapore

2.Top 10 Best Rojak in Singapore

3.Top 10 Best Carrot Cake in Singapore

4.Top 10 Best Economical Fried Bee Hoon In Singapore

5.Top 10 Spa And Massage Services In North-Eastern Singapore"