Friday, October 11, 2019

Birthday Cupcakes

What do you make your friends for their birthdays? Why cupcakes, of course! These delights are extra special, because not only were they made with love, but they have zero calories...

I have made some knit cupcakes before, and although I love the pattern that I have used in the past, I wanted to do some Amigurumi. Amigurumi is the Japanese art of knitting or crocheting small stuffed toys.  It is a lot of fun, and they work up really quick, amigurumi is a  great go-to for gifts!

I did a quick search on Pinterest for "crochet cupcake" and found this great free pattern for a Cupcake Pin Cushion.  




I used my favourite cotton yarn, Bernat Handicrafter Cotton Yarn



 I was able to make up two in one weekend. I used some rice tied into nylon stockings for weight.  Although they worked up a little larger than your typical cupcake, and they don't look exactly like the picture with the pattern, I was thrilled with the whimsical results!

I made one in our Edmonton Oilers Hockey Team Colours, as one of the recipients is a big Oilers Fan. 


I hope the lucky birthday girls are as pleased with these as I am! Now to make one for myself...

11 comments:

Daniel Dulake said...

Really love this amazing content!

Frederic Michel Verdier said...

So cute. Love them. Thanks for sharing!

Tim Meakin said...

Wow those are cool!

Online Reputation Management said...

Thank you for this useful material! It’s amazing!

Baroness Susan Greenfield said...

Love your blog!

KIT Cbe said...

Great article. Couldn’t be write much better! Keep it up

Mike Garlick Burnley Football Club said...


Enjoyed reading your blog. Great WORK!

rob clegg said...

This is a solid post. Looking forward to reading more!

sara bronfman said...

Amazing content here. Thanks for sharing and Im looking forward to catching you live some time!

James Hopkins Coaching said...

Hi! I wrote you a message about possible collaboration, did you get it?

Anonymous said...

Great Post