Welcome to Nickieblog!

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Meet Me At The Garden Gate


meet me at the garden gate, originally uploaded by sapphire252.

In response to Funky Art Queen's Challenge (Link Below) - which was to create with gel pens on dark paper. When I looked at this paper, it reminded me of a starry night. I thought I would draw a garden gate, using a combination of some of the designs I created for my new More Delightful Doodles class. Using gel pens and black paper give the designs a completely different look from the original designs on white paper. I hope you like it!

4 comments:

Bonny said...

What a great drawing! I never would have thought to use gel pens on black paper; I've only ever tried white chalk and didn't like it much. This is really nice.

artfan said...

I really like your garden gate. The gel pens were inspired.

Moe said...

I LOVE the garden gate.

I've never had much luck with gel pens. They seem to die quickly. I was using them for writing a few years back and became frustrated and gave up. Your drawing is inspirational. :)

raggedj said...

What a magical and enchanting drawing!